Job Title: Head of Commercial Development
We are looking for a high energy business leader to drive the growth of Herdwatch, the world’s fastest growing SaaS farm management app & platform. It could be you!
Herdwatch is recruiting a high energy business leader to drive the growth of the world’s fastest growing SaaS farm management app & platform through development of new strategic partnerships, enterprise sales, international markets, identification of diversification opportunities and the continued expansion of our membership base.
This appointment is a key hire for the future of the business and will provide genuine leadership opportunities as the business grows.
- As Head of Commercial Development, you will lead a team of commercially-focused employees with scope for team growth and structural changes where required.
- You will be responsible for the P&L for core and new business sales channels.
- You will add value to the growth activities by identifying and pursuing B2B and B2C/B2F (i.e. Business to Farmer) commercial opportunities and managing associated marketing efforts.
- You will keep updated on trends and market conditions to expand the company’s commercial activity, and generate increased revenues and sustainable growth.
- This role will require extensive national and international travel, base location will be flexible within a reasonable distance from HQ.
- The ideal candidate will possess proven experience in Commercial Development
- Proven experience in sales and marketing in a B2B and B2C/B2F environment, and managing relationships with industry influencers, stakeholders and customers.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, with the ambition and commitment to help build a high-performing sales and marketing team and strategy.
- You will be expected to work on your own initiative to tight deadlines and deliver ambitious targets of revenue growth.
- A track record in delivering large software-as-a-service (Saas) or software sales is a must – Farming/Agrifood background and/or knowledge is a plus.
- Acute commercial awareness with a strategic mindset for digital and direct sales and marketing (B2C/B2F), as well as channel sales and commercial partnerships (B2B).
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills – an inspirational leader and influencer.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, deal maker, adept at identifying and targeting the best opportunities
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
For more information or to chat about this opportunity contact Daniella Gardiner in FRS Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply below.